Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009

This year we were lucky enough to have Kevin, Jessica, Gracie, Spencer, Andrew, Elizabeth, Joseph, Logan and Hayden come visit us for Halloween. Everyone showed up on Friday evening. Being it was Logan's 6th birthday, and most of his cousins were here, we had a small party.


The cake, wasn't a cake. It was tons of cupcakes in a shape of a monster. The kids loved the 5 inches of green and red frosting on each cupcake.

On Halloween we all gathered together for some good Mexican food then went to Out of this World (a play land that was AWESOME!) and let all the cousins run around and get all tired before we went trick or treating. (We forgot the camera, but Jessica and Elizabeth had theirs, so I'll have to wait to post pictures until they post them on our family website)

Then that night we got together after a few kids took some naps to go trick or treating. But first we got some pictures of our kids in their Halloween costumes.

He is my Jake Lighting McQueen and Teage Hot Dog. Doesn't that look like a yummy hot dog?

Here we are again with Gracie. She was a Cheerleader from High School Musical. I can't believe how big she is getting.

This is the best picture of Zoe we could get. She did NOT want to have her picture taken. She was a Little Mermaid Ballerina Princess (I had let Gracie borrow some of my pom poms from my cheer leading days, and Zoe was upset, so I put my Princess crown on her from my Princess days. It lasted half the night before it fell off of the last time and ended up back on my head. I hate crown hair!)

Lighting McQueen Jake. He has been wearing the hat all month. And Leo too!

And here is Sheriff Woody Leo! He was so cute! But he kept being called a girl all night. Really? He is WOODY!

Then we headed over to the church, parked the car and hit the neighborhood around there. We got a good haul of candy. But poor Spencer, he got attacked by a very scared cat and well, the night was ruined for him. We pressed on for a little bit longer, but by most of the cousins were done.

Sunday we got to spend a little more time with our family at our place (don't worry, we warned the neighbors downstairs that there would be 9 kids 6 and under here this weekend and they said thanks and you've been doing great. We don't hate you!!!) for a few hours. It was fun to just sit and chat with family. It's been a long time since we've seen Kevin and Jessica.

Anyways, that was our Halloween this year. In 5 days my parents are taking Jake, Zoe and Leo to their place for a week! I can't wait, but am a little worried about them getting sick or hurt while they are gone. I think that's just the mom inside me worrying. I know they will be just fine. Then two weeks later it's Thanksgiving. Then Steve leaves for Alaska for two straight weeks (he doesn't get to come home for the weekend the first weekend up there), then a week in Seattle, then back to Alaska for three days. Only to fly home for Christmas on the 23rd. I have a feeling I'm not going to be much in the Christmas Spirit this year without Steve around. He makes Christmas so much better. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween!

4 comments:

Debra Hawkins said...

I am glad you are back and I love the costumes!

Unknown said...

Mark will be so jealous that Teage got to be a hot dog! He kept telling me that he wanted to dress little Paul as a hot dog. His plan involved dressing him in an appropriately colored onesie and then carrying him around wrapped in the diaper changing pad (you know, the contoured one that you put on a changing table). I gave him the go ahead but it never came to fruition. :) Glad you and yours are doing well!

Anonymous said...

How cute they all are..
Mom

Tonee said...

Wow, look at all those cute costumes! What a cute "cup"cake idea - I seriously might have to copy that for G's 1 yr. b-day! I love that little hotdog! How cute is that.