Here he is! Teage William
He was born at 12:12 pm yesterday. He was 7 lbs 5 oz and 19 inches long. I kept calling him tiny. He seems so small. Teage is my best nurser yet! He went straight to my breast and didn't have any trouble at all. Amazing!!
He was born at 12:12 pm yesterday. He was 7 lbs 5 oz and 19 inches long. I kept calling him tiny. He seems so small. Teage is my best nurser yet! He went straight to my breast and didn't have any trouble at all. Amazing!!
So, the story. Well, on the 19th, after church, I had some really strong contractions. Thinking it was time, we went to the hospital. Only to be sent home about 2 hours later. The contractions had stopped coming and I wasn't progressing. I was only at 2 cm.
Coming home without a baby was a big let down. We had a doctor's appointment early Monday morning and we would talking about being induced. Neither of us wanted it, but after lots of prayer, reading our scriptures and a blessing, we felt that it would be ok. After we talked to the doctor and had all the information we needed in order to make an informed decision.
Well, at 3:30 Monday morning, I got up to go potty, and found a underwear full of blood. YIKES! So I woke up Steve and told him what was going on. We drove to the hospital and after the nurse saw the underwear, checked me and talked to the doctor, I was admitted to the hospital. I was having some contractions when we got there. So, they said they would watch me until 7 and if nothing happened, then they would start me on pitocin.
And that's exactly what happened. Nothing happened from 4 to 7. So at 7:30 I was started on pitocin. Not quite an induction, but more of a hurry along. At least, that's what the doctor called it. I was still bleeding, and they couldn't tell where it was coming from. We needed to get the baby out before the bleeding became a serious issue.
The pitocin started and I waited until 9 before I got an epidural. They broke my water around 9:30 and we were off. My parents showed up just a little bit before 10 and I was almost a 4. Steve went and picked up his mom (she was watching our kids until my dad could take over) and they got back around 10:30. By 11 I was 6+. I rested for a half hour. Around 11:30 Marilu (my mom-in-law) went for some lunch. I was checked. I was an 8. WHAT! I never go that fast. Ok, well it'll be another couple of hours before it's time. I always stall around 8 and my joke about deliverying around noon, would never happen. But then, I felt a ton of pressure in my bottom and pushed my happy button (uping my epidual) and felt ok. The nurse came in to check how I was doing because of the happy button being pushed and at 11:45 said that I was almost a 10 (I had a small anterior lip but it was soft enough she would just push it back). Crap, Marilu was still eating and her cell phone wasn't working. The nurse called the doctor, got the room all set up. And within 5 minutes (if that) I was a 10 and ready to go. I had to wait for the doctor. And right after he should up, Marilu came back. I pushed a couple of times and here Teage came! I remember the doctor saying he was sunny side up, but at my first push, Teage turned right over.
So, from the time I started the pitocin (I'm not counting the 3 hours before hand, I wasn't in active labor) it was 6 1/2 hours. That is SOOOOOO fast for me! I couldn't be happier at how well this birth went!
We are so happy that he is here finally! The kids have all met him. Jake and Zoe are so excited that he is here. We asked Jake yesterday if he was happy. And he said yes. Steve asked why, and Jake said, "because I just love him." Ahhh, how sweet is that? And Leo looked at Teage and said baby. Leo has never said baby before. Then he touched Teage's head and was giggling with delight!
I'm so happy that I can be their mom. I so happy that Teage is here and healthy. We are both doing really well. It looks like we'll be home later today, and couldn't be happier to be together as a family.
Thank you to everyone for your help and prayers and good thoughts. We love you all!
Happy Birthday Teage!
13 comments:
He's beautiful!! Congratulations! What a sweet addition to your darling family!
Congratulations! He is so precious! Good luck with recovery and moving!
Congratulations and welcome baby Teage! I hope you get some rest before your big move!
so cute! I was a little worried cause Adam told me he was 15 inches long however I am glad to hear it's a healthy 19 :) can't wait to meet him! let us know if you need anything
Congrats Sara! That's so exciting! And Teage is so cute! :)
He is so cute! Looks just like all your others ;) congrats guys! and stop blogging -- you deserve a computer break, you just had a kid!
Yeah! Congratulations and we're so excited everything went so well!
Congratulations! I'm so glad he's here and all is well.
It's about time! Congrats, he's so cute!
Wow! He's a VERY beautiful baby, just like all those Richins' bambinos! I am glad it went well. He is so handsome!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! I love his name, what a handsome little guy he is!
Sara, I couldn't be happier for you. You have a beautiful family, and I just love how you are so excited to be a mom. Family is what it's all about, isn't it?
You've produced another handsome boy, btw. Congrats!!!
Congrats! He is adorable :)
Post a Comment