Wednesday, June 10, 2009

{Pursuit of Happiness}

Day 6

What makes me happy today...learning new things. For most of our marriage, Steve has been prodding me to get a hobby. I've tried scrapbooking, didn't work out. Then I tried digital scrapbooking. Again, didn't work out. I just got bored of it. I tried being a gamer. I still am, but I just can't finish a video game. Case in point. I like Paper Mario. I played the Game Cube version and actually finished it! Then, we got a Wii and got the new Paper Mario. I played about 4 levels and I was done. Now Steve is finishing the game for me. I did the same thing for Super Mario Gaxaly (loving called U R Mr. Gay, why? Becuase on the conver there are stars on the u-r-m-r-g-a-y hehehehehe) and Steve just beat the game a day or two ago. So, a few months ago when I had the great idea to learn how to sew, and then create my own business (it's still going, just online see my button and go to website by clicking on it over here -------->) I really hoped that this hobby would last and I wouldn't get bored of it. Two months later, and I'm still enjoying it! Creating something from just a piece (or more) of fabric is amazing! And I love learning new things about sewing and quilting. Yeah, I said quilting. I played around today on some scraps and made a miniquilt and thought I'd try my hand at actually quilting a quilt. It does take practice that's for sure! But I loved the fact that I learned something new. I tryed it, and although it's not anywhere near beinging perfect, I loved it! I'll have to make up more mini quilts and quilt them. If only I knew how to stop the bottom from puckering and bunching up and just looking nasty. But that will come in time. So that's what makes me happy. I finally found a hobby that I enjoy (and I'll keep enjoying for a lifetime, I'm pretty sure this time!) and I love the fact that it's a hobby where you keep learning and can create different things!

No comments: