Saturday, May 9, 2009

Farmer's Market

Today was opening day for the Cache Valley Gardner's Market. I was really excited and nervous. We showed up right at 8:30 and was told that we need to get their earlier. Ok, sure. To get everything set up, it took about a half hour. Steve spent the day with the kids at the toys that was right behind my booth. I only saw one person that I knew. She's the little sister of Steve's son (first mission greenie he trained, for those of you who don't know that). She said she has to talk her sister-in-laws into getting pregnant (again in Ashley's case) so she could buy some of my stuff.
I was pretty stoked that within 15 minutes of the Market being open, I sold my first thing!! A burp cloth!! Woohoo!!! It was going to be a great day. Then, nothing. Nothing for the next 4 hours. Lots of, will you be here all summer? Or will you be here next week? Lots of interest in the diaper bag. So, I'm hopeful that things will be better next week. I'm a little sad that I didn't do well as I had hoped for. But Steve thinks that people sort of check things out first, then come back later to buy. I hope that's true. I really, really do.
Then my sign kept coming down. Finally, we just took it down. Steve's picking up some super glue tonight from work, and I'll be sewing the velcro onto the sheet. We just ran out of time last night to do that. Oops.
Other than a disappointing day, I had a good time. I was next to this hippie chick that sold hulu hoops and other fun stuff. I enjoyed watching the kids play with the hoops (our kids had a blast playing with them too). And I was right next to the music, so that was fun to listen too.
I think next week, Steve will just drop me off, set up the canopy, then take off. I'm not sure if they'll come by or not. But the kids had so much fun playing that when we got home, we all took naps. Except Steve had to be to work at 1:30.

Here is a close up of my table. Sorry there are no pictures of me.

So, if you're in Logan next Saturday, from 9-1, stop by at Merlin Olsen Park 100 South, 200 East and say hi!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Aww Sara, WOW!!!!!!!!! I love your booth!!!!!!! I hope you sold lots, I miss Logan!! Provo definitely isn't as fun FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!

Marilu said...

Hang in there, Sara! Your booth is really cute, and I love your business name. Don't worry, Elizabeth and I have had lots of 'dead' days sitting at booths trying to sell jewelry. Check out similar offerings and make sure your prices are competitive. I think there will be people coming back if you are faithfully there. Try to get your things into peoples' hands and talk about how you use them and couldn't do without them. A farmers market is a better venue than a lot of events we have done, because people are there to buy, not attend an event that has booths along with it. Keep us posted!

Bridget said...

Your booth looks great! We have a super sick boy this week (molars and maybe a sinus infection), so we've been watching movies for three days straight. But, I definitely want to come by when we're around. I wish that we had money and I would get a ton of your stuff, because it's adorable. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

What a cute name. I love your layouts and am letting everyone I know about your website. Good luck! Mom