Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ode to ER

When "ER" first aired, it was September 19th, 1994. I was living in Soap Lake, was in 4th grade and my brother, Shell, was still alive. I remember staying up late to watch it with my mom, in her room. It was really good. And I was hooked. From then on, until I moved away to go to college, my mom and I would sit in her bed, eating whatever candy or popcorn we had, and watching ER every Thursday night. Then, in college, I tired to catch it. In fact, my roommate would schedule her classes so that she could be in our dorm room and watch the ER reruns on TBS from 10-12. I started doing that, and caught up on everything that I had missed. And when I was pregnant with Jake, I would watch the two hours of ER reruns, followed by the two hours of Judging Amy reruns. I would always skip the episodes of Dr. Carter being stabbed by that crazy guy (to this day, everything I see him (he's on Numbers now) I freak out) and when Dr. Greene dies. Even now, I'm tearing up. I hate that he died. Me and death, well, I just cry all the time! I laughed so hard when Dr. Romano had his arm chopped off by the helicopter. Then jumped up and shouted for joy when another helicopter crashed on top of him!! Too bad Archie wasn't with him (I didn't like him that much, but now I do). I loved it when Dr. Dave Malucci called a "nazi, lesbian, B****!" I feel in love with Dr. Ross (swoon) and Dr. Carter! Dr. Ross with always top Dr. Gates! I was so sad to see Dr. Ross go, but was really happen when Nurse Hathaway went to Seattle after him! And I jumped and screamed when the two of them were back on about three weeks ago! And I have learned that I hate watching babies and/or kids get hurt or die. When I was pregnant with Jake, that's when Dr. Carter and wife (chick from Mission Impossible 2) miscarried their baby and she had to deliver the dead baby.
So now, tonight at 7 the end begins. What is TV going to be like with no ER? No chances of seeing Dr. Carter again, or hoping that Dr. Greene might come back in flashback? I've come to love these characters so much. Abbie and Neela, Pratt and Morris. All of them. I guess you know what I'll be watching tonight. And I hope that someday, I'll have all 15 season on DVD!!
Season 15: Abbie, Dr. Morris, Dr. Gates, Dr. Rasgotra, Dr. Brenner, and Dr. Banfield

Season 14: Abbie, Dr. Pratt, Dr. Rasgotra, Sam, Dr. Morris, Dr. Gates

Season 13: Dr. Gates, Sam, Dr. Kovac, Dr. Pratt, Dr. Waever, Abbie, Dr. Rasgotra, Dr. Morris and Dr. Barnett

Season 12: Dr. rasgotra, Dr. Morris, Dr. Weaver, Dr. Kovac, Abbie, Dr. Pratt, Sam, Dr. Barnett

Season 11: Dr. Weaver, Dr. Rasgotra, Susan, Dr. Pratt, Abbie, Dr. Carter, Dr. Kovac, Sam, Dr. Barnett, and Dr. Chen

Season 10: Dr. Rasgotra, Dr. Corday, Dr. Weaver, Dr. Pratt, Abbie, Dr. Carter, Dr. Kovac, Dr. Chen, Sam, Dr. Gallant, Dr. Lewis (Susan)

Season 9: Dr. Romano, Dr. Gallant, Abbie, Dr. Lewis, Dr. Kovac, Dr. Carter, Dr. Corday, Dr. Weaver, Dr. Pratt, Dr. Chen

Season 8: Dr. Corday, Dr. Romano, Dr. Chen, Dr. Finch, Dr. Greene, Dr. Kovac, Dr. Carter, Abbie, Dr. Bennet, Dr. Lewis, and Dr. Weaver

Season 7: Dr. Romano, Dr. Chen, Dr. Corday, Abbie, Dr. Greene, Dr. Bennett, Dr. Carter, Dr. Finch, Dr. Malucci, Dr. Weaver, Dr. Kovac

Season 6: Dr. Greene, Dr. Knight, Dr. Bennett, Dr. Ross, Dr. Corday, Dr. Boulet, Carol, Dr. Carter, Dr. Wearver

Season 5: Dr. Boulet, Dr. Knight, Dr. Carter, Dr. Greene, Dr. Bennett, Dr. Ross, Carol, Dr. Corday, Dr. Weaver

Season 4: Dr. Corday, Dr. Weaver, Dr. Bennett, Dr. Ross, Dr. Greene, Carol, Dr. Boulet, Dr. Carter, Dr. Lewis

Season 3: Dr. Greene, Dr. Boulet, Dr. Ross, Dr. Carter, Dr. Lewis, Dr. Weaver, Carol, Dr. Bennett

Season 2: Dr. Greene, Carol, Dr. Bennett, Dr. Ross, Dr. Carter, Dr. Lewis and Dr. Boulet

Season 1: Dr. Lewis, Dr. Greene, Dr. Carter, Carol, Dr. Ross and Dr. Bennett

So there you go! All 15 seasons, and I named all the cast (well the ones that were pictured.) There were a few cast members that weren't pictured, but I'm not going to name them. If you're a fan, you'll know who's missing. Isn't it sad that I can do this? I only had to get help on like two, because I couldn't remember their names. And, if I really wanted to, I could tell you who hooked up with who. So, watch ER tonight, starting at 7 pm! It's an hour recap of the best moments (sure to show the death of Dr. Greene and Pratt, which I will be bawling like a baby) and then a 2 hour finale that mirrors the pilot, which was centered around Dr. Carter!

No comments: