Saturday, April 4, 2009

A New Tradition

So this is a great idea I got from my friend Amiee. Last night we set up a tent in our living room, blew up the air mattress and slept in it (well, Steve, Jake and Zoe did. I tried, but felt really sick so I went to bed, and Leo was in his crib) then watched Conference from inside the tent this morning. All from the scriptures about King Benjamin and the people coming and pitching their tents to hear a prophet. I got up early and got some bagels (we have a 1/2 off coupon for a bucket!!) and snacks, printed off our conference activities packs (one for me and coloring pages for the kids) and watched conference and snacked all day! The kids were awesome during conference. Zoe colored all day and Jake wrote his ABC's. So far, conference is great! I'm excited for tomorrow's session and hearing from our new Apostle!! Here are some pictures of us in our tent (note, we stayed in our pj's all day, so no judgment on the *awesome* hair).

Getting ready for bed in the tent last night! Aren't we cute??
The kids slept really well in the tent too!

Eating bagels before Conference started.

Leo all cute and sweet!

Jake, isn't he turning in to a handsome little guy?

Zoe, yeah, that's a mouth full of bagel. Nice.

Steve, well, he was trying to be funny.

Me and Jake and our bagels! Yummy!!

Sadly, we took down the tent after conference. Our living room is just too small to keep it up all weekend. But we are going to blow up the air mattress for tomorrow. Hopefully that will help with the kids staying calm and watching Conference. 'Til next conference!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

cute! Good idea to get kids excited about conference!