Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Did I Mention?

That I have the best husband ever? If you don't know, I'm starting my own business (opening soon, I promise!) and I've been sewing up a storm to get all my inventory and things ready for the grand opening (Which I hope will be May 9th, that's opening day for the Logan Farmer's Market and blog/store will be open then as well, so stay tuned!). (Thanks to a few special people for your help and donations to make this happen!) Anyways, I've been bent over a sewing machine for the last two weeks, and Steve has been amazing! He's kept the kids out of my way, has cleaned the house, has cooked, changed diapers, given baths, put kids to bed, ran to the store for food, all the while looking for a job and going on interviews. He's just been so amazing and so supportive in all this. Without him, all this "hidden talent" wouldn't be coming out of the wood work. So, thanks Steve for being awesome and so supportive and being a great dad!

P.S. Steve got a job!! He's going back to Lowe's as seasonal help and back at his old pay rate. So, hopefully these next three months won't be as bad as these last 4 months. Wish us luck!

Oh, and don't forget to check back often for news about my business. And, if you would be interested in buying anything that I have made and posted pictures of these last few days, please let me know. I'm trying to widen the products that I will sell, but don't want to invest in something that no one would buy. So feedback would be great! Thanks!!

2 comments:

Tonee said...

Hey! Steve is sooo great! You've got a good one there! I totally love the diaper bag, but might like a different fabric...how much are you selling those for? Gosh, 12 hours of labor..I can't imagine any amount that could pay you what you're worth for your time, but as as long as your enjoying it, that's the most important thing!

Anonymous said...

I like your new background. Thinking positive about Steve's first day back at work. Hope all goes well. Mom