So, just to be clear. We are excited to be having this baby boy. No matter what, we are excited to be able to be so blessed to have another sweet spirit enter in our home. We know that he is going to bring us such joy. Even if there is non-stop fighting and my sanity goes out the window, it'll be all ok. Because our kids are the best. We have been blessed with really good kids (even if I don't think so all the time, they really are) and I can't wait to finally meet all of our kids that we get to have! Now, if only we could pick out a name for this guy. Then I can stop calling him and lil' guy or baby boy. I need a name!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Just to be clear
You'll have to forgive me for my terrible post about the disappointment of having another boy. Those of you that have had a baby girl, they are the best, cutest little things and are seriously just too darn cute! And when you have a Zoe, born with black curly hair and dimples, it's not hard to wish to have that again. Let me explain, if you haven't already heard this. When ever I have found out that I'm pregnant, Steve gives me a blessing. And every time he gets an impression of what our child will be. With this child, he felt that it was a girl. Looking back, we think that maybe Steve wasn't in tune with the Spirit (it was late at night and my grandmother died that day, so we were all very emotional and tired and anxious about my flight the next day) and it was Steve's wish or will that made him think it was a girl. Anyways, we were both disappointed to see that we were wrong. And on top of that, the doctors office was running really behind and we spent 2 hours in the doctor's office with a poopy child (we forgot a diaper bag, we didn't think we'd be there for 2 hours) and two cranky kids, one of which finally fell asleep. So we were cranky and upset about the wait at the doctor's office and disappointed that we were wrong. I think that's something key ya'll should look at. We were disappointed that we were wrong, not that we were having a boy. There is a difference. After a day of knowing this, and looking back to my feelings yesterday, I was never really upset over the fact we're having another boy. Just that we were wrong. And I didn't know that or could separate my feelings well enough yesterday to realize that, and couldn't express my feelings correctly. Thanks to those of you who can empathize with us. Having a baby girl is so much different than from having a baby boy. But boys are cute and fun and I love all my boys! But, it's also my boys that give me my biggest headache. And, from research done while pregnant with Jake and Zoe, I found out that having two children close in age and the same sex, creates an atmosphere of sibling rivalry while growing up and maybe even into adulthood. They may never be great friends. I've seen that with my brothers, with my sister-in-law (we talked about this yesterday so this is something she told me about her boys) and with other families I have talked with. It doesn't mean that it will happen. Leo is a wonderful child and a very sweet spirit. I can't imagine him being like this. And as for the "frilly stuff, bows and headbands" I don't do it. I, for one, think it is the most nastiest thing to see on a baby girl. A huge bow that isn't very cute in the first place and is as big as their head. I never did anything like that with Zoe. Maybe a few bows here and there that I got from the hospital when she was born, but didn't get any of those flower bows that are as big as their head until she was 2. And even then, I don't put them in her hair that often now. That is not the reason why we want a girl. So don't put your words into actions that I don't do. I guess that means you don't know me all that well then. Sorry, but that is just not a valid and only reason to have a girl. To get a girl in our family, well, girls are gems. In my family there are only 2 girls and 3 boys. And in Steve's family, there is 2 girls with 4 boys. My sister-in-law says that in her family it's a 1 and 6 shot of having a girl. And so far, all of the girls that are in the family, they are in one family a piece. So, to have another girl, would be a gift. And that's all that we wanted. But to have another boy, that's a gift as well. We know that this is who is suppose to be in our family now. And we couldn't be happier to have another spirit in our family. We are excited to meet this lil' guy. And I'm excited to have boy in the summer time. I can't wait to see him in cute summer outfits and to have summer birthday parties. Do you know how hard it's going to be to have a birthday party for Jake near Thanksgiving? Or to have a birthday party for Leo when it's busy season and Steve won't be around? And do you even realize that Zoe and this baby will have birthdays maybe a week apart? Yeah, that's going to be fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh, and by no means is that bow dish a dish on your bows, Rachel. I love your bows! They are the only ones that I will buy. But, I still won't put them on a baby. I just can't bring myself to do that. On a cute toddler, yes, by all means!
Well, of course we all know you love and welcome this baby, boy or girl. It's that expectations thing that throws us. I found out all mine at birth, but same thing. I kind of thought Elizabeth was a boy because the love I felt from her in Utero was so much like my two little boys I already had. And Harry saw a boy and a girl spiritually when we were dating, so after Kyle we assumed Chris was a girl...so surprise...All is good.
Dave and Kevin were two years apart, and they did have some fighting and rivalry. Their birthdays were two weeks apart and they had their parties together. Dave hated getting the same thing as Kevin in a different color and that kind of thing. People were always thinking they were twins. But they've been best buds for a long time now. I think in the long run close in age sibs end up very close normally. They are even close when they are young, just sometimes it's hard to see it.
I guess its just me about the bows, I love them I think they are adorable, I am excited you guys will have all those boys though, I totally want the same thing. You'll have to let us know when you figure out the name, I bet it will be cute!
And don't worry TOO much about sibling rivalry. My mom had 6 girls in 8 years and we all get along great, even growing up so I am sure you're kids will be ok.
P.S. I just re read that part a little closer I hope you aren't mad, I really don't know you very well and I was just trying to make you feel better about something you seemed upset about, either way I meant congrats!
I like Zoe's new pic on the left hand column...yes, that is sad you won't be getting another one of those cuties (just yet anyway). Well, I totally understand your disappointment with not having another girl! But it sounds like you guys are cool now with another boy. I know lots of people that keep trying for girls and get boys...and they were disappointed for the first few moments too!
No worries. I'm not mad at you. You were just trying to look at the bright side. And we are now! You know pregnancy hormones throw your emotions this way and that, so everything is all good now! Thanks for everything! You guys are the best!!
Congrats! You will have a very cute little boy--you guys are going to have a full house!! Last time we saw you it was just the two kids. Now you'll have four!
Post a Comment