Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference, After Thoughts

Ok, so did anyone else get the feeling that we were being prepared for a huge change in the Church? How many times was the Law of Concentration was talked about...in one session? Or that we need to be prepared for the bad times that are coming? Or that we need to be able to change, but to live in the now and not think of the bad things that are to come? Where else does it say something like that? Like the Scriptures? (Sorry can't remember where exactly. Maybe it was a Sunday School lesson I had or an institute class with Brother Youngberg.) That we need to spread the Gospel and to sort of focus on the inactive. Or how about this. I didn't even realize this until I watched the news tonight and the guy mention this. But the temple announced in the "Greater Kansas City Area", yeah, do you know what is the Greater Kansas City Area? JACKSON COUNTY, INDEPENDENCE, MISSOURI. Both Steve and I felt like we were listening to our Leaders preparing us for the change that is going to come. We all know that in time, the Church will move to Jackson County. That the Church will be the worlds government. That the end is neigh at hand. We couldn't help but think that this is the beginning of the end. That we are seriously within years of the beginning of the end. Like with in 5 years or so. How exciting is that? I don't know about you, but I'm really excited to see what is to come. To see the Church grow to ALL nations. Wasn't it cool to hear about that Chinese leader that paid a Fast Offering? That's how we're going to get all the way into China. I can feel the atmosphere is changing. I can feel that bad, but good times, are ahead of us. No one said that things were going to get better, just that we needed to be prepared for the bad things. But that through the atoning power of Christ, we can heal anything, we can over come anything. To share our glad tidings to our neighbors and the less active. That we need to live in the now, but prepare for the future. That we need to live with in our means and not get into too much debt (one that we are still working on). That we need to be willing to except change and be happy with ourselves. That we need to be one with our families and our wards and neighbors. Unity is a great thing! Steve and I were so uplifted and filled with the Spirit this weekend. It was great. We are so excited to see what's to come. I really do have an uncanny sixth sense about these things. I totally called President Hinckley's death. Like days before he died and right about last October's Conference. Anyways, I just wanted to share our thoughts with you all. I was wondering if anyone else got that sense that we were being prepared for the beginning of the end. For the major changes that are to come, like the building of New Jerusalem. I like that temple that is to be built in Rome. That just makes me smile! But nothing as much as the "Greater Kansas City Area". I mean WOW! Isn't it exciting times we live in?

No comments: