Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to me, Sara!!

Today I turn 25 years old. That's 1/4 of a century. I am an antique. Things that happened in happened August 17th, 1983 were: Hurricane Alicia killed 17 people in Texas, the A's lost to the Angels 6 to 5, Bette Midler was on tour in California, Dustin Pedroia, American baseball player was born, and Ira Gershwin, lyricist, dies in Beverly Hills at 86. 

For my birthday, Steve got me a membership at the GQ Salon and Center Street Day Spa and a one hour Swedish message yesterday. It was AMAZING!! I had a good time. And I'm planning on going there to get my hair done and all that. I really liked the girl that did the message. She was really nice. It was my very first professional message! Thanks Steve! We also went out to eat yesterday at The Coppermill. It was good.
Since we knew we'd be kind of out of money by the time my birthday came around, Steve got me my golf clubs at the beginning of the summer (plus I really wanted to start playing then and not just now), the Twilight Saga and The Host. All before my birthday. I really enjoyed all of my gifts.
Today, after the kids all woke up, he did "diaper changes" and had the kids sign a card that they picked out for me. Ok, well Jake picked out his, and Steve helped Zoe and Leo. But they all came into our bedroom and gave me their card. Even Leo was holding onto his card! They were all very cute! Thanks kiddos! Steve also got me a card, and two blu-ray movies, National Treasure II and Discovery's: Biography of Earth (which we watched on tv, but it isn't as pretty with out the HD). He also made me breakfast in bed (cinnamon rolls from Schwan's) and he also made me dinner....wait for it...crab and shrimp! With potatoes, corn on the cob and Martinelli's for drinks. For dessert I have a cake and creme brule (yeah that's right, Steve can make creme brule!). My favorite dessert is creme brule. I'm really lucky to have such a wonderful cook for a husband!


This is the aftermath of our dinner, yum! We just had crab legs, two a piece. It was too much. We had Alaskan King Crab, so sweet and and so yummy! The recipe he used called for a lot of pepper, so the veggies and shrimp were really spicy, but all was good! Now we're just waiting for the creme brule to fully set before we dig in. All in all, my 25th birthday has been pretty good! Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!!

6 comments:

The Graffs said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had an awesome day! Its crazy how much we have all grown up!

Rachel said...

Oh Sara! Happy Birthday! Looks like an amazing day and I'm so glad you got pampered. :)

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Sara! Your post made me feel old though, because I REMEMBER Hurricane Alicia. I was living in Houston and we were stuck in our house eating only peanut butter cookies. I started kindergarten a few weeks later. Wow. Crazy.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Tera said...

Wow! Sounds like you really know how to celebrate. Happy Birthday Sara!

Rach said...

Hey! do you have any advice for a mom with a husband in grad school?? not going to lie, i am jealous you guys are almost done! ah! and im glad you liked breaking dawn too.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! I know that I already told you a couple days ago and all, but still...

btw, I love the new blog layout!