Sunday, July 20, 2008

Time goes by too fast

On Wednesday, Zoe turns 2. My little Princess is turning 2 years old. How did that happen? I remember the day we took her home from the hospital. We went to Wal-Mart to get my drugs and we had a ton of people come up to us and say what a cutie she was. Look at all that cute, black, curly hair. Who would have known that this sweet little girl would turn into the sweet, beautiful monster? (Not what you thought I was going to say, huh?) I love my Zoe girl, but she has a temper (just like her mommy). If you ever get a chance to witness a fit, you'll know what I mean. And is it wrong of me to be proud that Zoe sticks up for herself? Example: So there is this boy in nursery that Zoe plays with sometimes. And often times, when his mother and I get a chance to talk or whatever, these two kids play together. And it never fails that he will take something away from Zoe, or get ruff with her. Instead of screaming and acting like a girl, Zoe will attack. She will slap, hit, punch, and sometimes bite. Now, I'm not saying that this boy had it coming to him (maybe just a little bit) but Zoe won't let herself be stepped on and used, or pushed over. Like some of the other girls in her nursery. Maybe being the sister of Jake makes you tough. Or maybe she gets it from her mom, whatever it is, I'm just glad that Zo will stand up for herself, even if it is a little much sometimes.
Nicknames. Zoe has a lot of nicknames. Zo, Zoe Girl, Princess, Sis and Sissy. My mom used to call me sis (and probably sissy too when I was little) but it's just something that I started with Jake because he couldn't say Zoe for the longest time. So we called her sissy, and well, it stuck. Now even our closest friends call her sissy or Zo. Adam actually calls her ZoZo.
Truth be told, I'm really glad that I have a little girl. I know that they get harder to deal with (I remember my pre-teen and teen years. Sorry Mom and Dad), but I just love this little girl so much! I'm so lucky that she choose me to be her mom.
Another thing about Zoe, she gives the best hugs ever! She runs up to you at full speed, you pick her up, she wraps her arms around your neck and legs around your waist, and squeezes. And not just really quickly, but at least a full 30 seconds or more. Then it's usually followed by at least 2 kisses.
If she's not beating up other kids, she's trying to love them. She is a very caring and sweet soul. She loves babies, and new friends. I don't know how many times I've seen her go up to a new friend and give them a hug and a kiss.
So that's my Zo. I love her so much. She makes me happy! I know this should be done on her birthday, but I could not wait until then. I'll think of something to do for her then. Anyways, I love you Zoe Elle and I'm very happy that you are in our lives!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What a gorgeous pic of Zoe! Did your camera take that!? It's so cute! Happy Birthday Zoe!

Unknown said...

No, we didn't take that picture. Adam took it with his awesomely sweet camera. We're jealous.

Tonee said...

I love that recent pic of her. She's sooooo pretty and fiesty! I like that!