Monday, June 2, 2008

We Love Our Daddy!

So this is a little late, but I've been busy! On Saturday, Steve turned 28 (hehe, he's an old man now!). I've been planning a surprise birthday party for him for about a month. I was a little anxious about this whole thing. I really couldn't have done it without the help of our good friends, Adam and Laura! Thanks you guys!! Anyways, Adam took Steve (and they took Jake with them) golfing. All the boys had a good time. Then Adam said that Laura needed to be picked up from work and asked if I wouldn't mind picking her up, i.e. giving me time to go to the store and get the food, then take it to their place so Steve wouldn't see the hundreds of bags of food. Thanks Laura for helping with Zoe at the store. It was packed and Zo just wanted to run around or scream. Anywho, we didn't have enough time, so Adam took my boys out to lunch. I got back just after Adam dropped of Steve and Jake. After that, Zoe went down for a nap, and I made Steve get our "plans" to hang out with Adam and Laura set. He called Adam and got the "dinner" set up. Steve's a little mad at me for making him look like a fool, but if I didn't have anything planned, then I would have made him do this. Now, I'm not allowed to make Steve call Adam for plans. I have to it now. Anyways, after Zoe wakes up for her nap, I took Steve and kids out to get Steve's birthday present. While doing the dishes earlier that day, I dropped our George Forman grill and it broke. So I got him a new one (one were the grill comes off for easy clean up!) and a new pair of shoes (which I got a new pair too) and we pre-ordered a video game which came with a DVD that he got now. So I get a text from Adam asking where we are, we were just leaving to go to the party, but of course Steve didn't know that. I get him to the car and ask him to blind fold himself. You see, I didn't want him to see the cars that he might recognize in the parking lot. Plus, it was in the back yard, so there really is no surprise when you walk around the corner. Jake and Zoe ran ahead of us (Steve was walking a little slow) and gave everyone the heads up that we were coming. I push Steve through the gate, I see people laughing at him (he did look a little silly), he takes off his blind fold, and they yell surprise, but he still can't see anything b/c he doesn't have his glasses on, but is still surprised! Then once he gets his glasses on, he's surprised to see who's there. Adam had the food cooked and ready to go. Anyways we had a blast! Thanks so much everyone that showed up!! I'm glad that we got to see Corgan Reeves finally (he's so cute!) and the way cute pregnant Tonee (she's only 11 weeks, but the glow of a pregnant women is so cute!)!! Thanks for the gifts, we weren't asking for anything, but it's nice to know that people cared enough to get a gift for Steve! I didn't get a chance to take any pictures, Adam did, but I don't have them yet. You see, I know have to call and ask for him to come over to download the pics. And there's that phone phobia that I have, so it might take awhile. Silly, I know, but all in all, I'll try to have pics up from the party in a few days!
I did all this for my man! I love him so much!! I can't believe that he choose me to be his wife, the mother of his children. He is the most wonderful, kind, amazing man ever! He takes such good care of us! I'm excited for what our future holds. A huge thanks to his parents for raising such a wonderful man! 
Again, I want to thank all those that made it to the party! Adam and Laura, Brennan and Tonee, Justin and Ashley and friends, Joe, Tommy and Kate, Andy, Tera and Erick, Rusty and Maryann, Mandee and kids, and Rachel for bringing some food. I understand that your family was in town. Sorry we couldn't get there when I planned, but the kids were hard to get out of the mall. They always are. You guys are such good friends! Thanks!! 

This is the invite that I e-mailed everyone. I think it's pretty darn good. Gotta love digital scrapbooking!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You're such a good wife! Sorry we couldn't make it! Love you guys!