Tuesday, February 19, 2008

2 more weeks...no hope for a baby yet :-(

That says it all. I had my doctors appointment this morning. Everything is looking good. I haven't gained anymore weight (that makes me really happy!), my blood pressure looks great, and my infection looks like to be gone. As for the important stuff, very little change. My doctor said that last week I was probably a "tight" 2, now I'm a "roomy" 2. And still 50% effaced. So, it looks like I'll still be pregnant all this week. I guess I'm ok with that. It's funny, before my almost week stay in the hospital, I was very impatient about the whole having this baby thing. After that whole ordeal, I'm ok with still being pregnant. Just as long as we are all healthy, and I don't have 15 hours of labor (that's how long I was in labor with both Jake and Zoe) I'll be good. It's Steve who can't wait and is getting very impatient about having the baby. That's really sweet, but there isn't much we can do to speed this kiddo along. He'll come when he's ready. But it couldn't hurt to try and get the ball rolling. Anyone got any ideas, besides the usual, on how to induce labor? I'm about ready to try anything...actually, I should say, Steve is about ready to try anything to get me to go into labor. 

3 comments:

Amiee said...

I don't know if this had anything to do with going into labor or not but we were moving when I was 40 weeks pregnant so I moved boxes up and down the stairs until I got REALLY tired! Within the next 2 days, I had the baby! So I don't know...it's always worth a try I guess. :) Good luck with everything, especially labor!

Rachel said...

Okay, here's some crazy ones that people SAY work but never did for me but while you're sitting around doing nothing, you might as well try!

*Put a generous portion of balsamic vinegar on your salad

*Eat an entire fresh pineapple (maybe this works because the pineapple doesn't fit in your stomach and therefore the baby explodes out?)

*Spicy Mexican for dinner

*Eat 20 prunes (this must be for the diarrhea effect which can cause labor, but that sounds like misery to me).

That's all I know. I only tried the pineapple and balsamic vinegar one with absolutely no effect. :) Good luck!!! I better not see you in church on Sunday, haha!

The Graffs said...

Makella was a week late, so I tried everything!! I even tried the castor oil thing ( I dont know if you have heard of it) But that didnt work for me either. I tried swinging because some one told me that would work. Me and my sister swung in the park for like an hour. I tried spicy food...walking...alot... Maybe you can try those and it will work. Oh yeah...Ive heard eggplant will get it started too. Good luck! Im excited to see pictures of your new little baby!