Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The New Bed


This is Jake and Zoe's new bed. I saw this bed in an IKEA catalog oh so long ago while we were in Washington in August. I knew that this was the perfect bed for Jake and Zoe. We want to get them to share a room before the baby comes, and we also wanted bunk beds. Bunk beds are so scary in the first place, but this one is not that bad. For one thing, there is no bottom bunk. It's just the mattress on the floor. And I'm about two feet taller than the bed, so it's not very high up.


Jake loves it! He says his bed is "up up up" and is a good climber up and down. Zoe's not in it yet. We want Jake to get use to sleeping in the bed, and give Zoe more time use to sleeping in her toddler/crib bed. We'll move Zoe into Jake's room after the new year. But she already goes in there and climbs in and out of the lower bed. It's so cute!

It was so hard to get this bed. First, it wasn't in stock for like three months. And I couldn't buy it online. Then it was in, but we didn't have the money to get. Last week it was sold out again, and I was afraid that it wouldn't be in for another three months, and that just wasn't going to work for us. So on Monday when I saw that it was in, I made Steve leave work early (he's making up the lost hours today. Thank you Steve I love you very much!!) and we drove the almost two hours to Draper, opened up an IKEA credit card and got the bed. Happy early Christmas kiddos!

No comments: