Sunday, November 18, 2007
Family
Isn't family wonderful? It's amazing what families will do for each other. As Steve and I anticipate the birth of our third child, my thoughts go to family. We really do have a great family. Even though life brings us hardships and surprises, family is always there to help you through it. We miss our family in Washington. But we're very lucky to have Steve's Great Aunt near by. She tries to include us in a lot of family gatherings. And we're lucky to be fairly close to my family. It is a long drive, but close enough to do it in a day. I know I'm excited to go up there for Thanksgiving. My father was in Utah for a business trip, so we met him and let him take Jake back home with him. I know that they'll have a blast together. Jake just loves his boppie. During this time of year, it so easy to get caught up in the holiday rush and not have time or just neglect all the things that we are thankful for. Right now, I'm thankful for my family. The family that Steve and I are building together, my parents and brother, Steve's parents and brothers and sisters. I'm just glad we have this big support system, that they are cheering us on and helping us get through school and everything. So I'm thankful for family, and I can't wait to meet the new member of our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yea! You joined blogland! That's cute that Jake calls grandpa "boppie." Kids have the funniest names! We'll be regular visitors here. :)
:) Welcome to blog land. I love how this is more essay style, and your posts now are more like train of thought. It is always fun to see how someone changes over the years, even in their writing style.
Post a Comment